Day 1: 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm
Jodie Fox is an author and an entrepreneur who may or may not make it. Jodie Fox was a co-founder and the creative director of Shoes of Prey. A banking and finance lawyer by trade and a dedicated creative, Fox created a perfect nexus of the corporate and creative worlds when she co-founded Shoes of Prey.
Identifying and serving a gap in the market for custom-made shoes at non-luxury prices, Shoes of Prey was considered a global leader and innovator in mass-customisation and on-demand manufacturing.
A fully vertically integrated business that raised over US$27 million in funding, and with more than six million shoes designed, Shoes of Prey changed the way the retail industry thought about product and manufacturing. Shoes of Prey ceased trading in August 2018.
Now Jodie Fox is rebooting herself for her next venture. In recognition of her work at Shoes of Prey, Fox was a judge at the World Retail Awards (2016, 2017, 2018) lectured the Stanford Graduate School of Business MBA Class (2016, 2017, 2018) and regularly keynotes events including the National Retail Federation conference (2017), Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival (alongside Renzo Rosso, Nicola Formichetti and Fern Mallis) and the American Apparel and Footwear Association Executive Summit (2016).
Accolades collected by Fox personally include:
- Two Ten Women In Footwear Industry Impact Awards — Inaugural WIFI Influencer Award (2018) listed as number 6 in the Top 50 Australian and New Zealand Women in Tech (2016)
- Elle Magazine Style Awards — Fashion Innovator of the Year, Australia (2015)
- Griffith University Business School Outstanding Alumni (2015)
- Top 30 most influential women in Australian retail (2014)
- Top 10 Australian female entrepreneurs (2014)
- Finalist for the InStyle Audi Woman of Style Awards, Australia (2014)
- Cosmopolitan Magazine‘s top 30 women (2013)
- Telstra Businesswoman of the Year (Australia) — Private & Corporate Sector (2011)
- Customer Experience: Consumer Insights on How to gain them, how to test them, and knowing when to move on
- Purpose & Values of a high-performance culture - How to create it, and how it drives high performance and loyalty, even when presented with the direst of situations
- Cultivating resilience and innovation